Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Welcome Back


Welcome Back!


        I am excited to work with all of you and to be back at Moraine Hills! I am very excited to be on this grade 4/5 journey with you.  This past summer was a very different one for me, normally I spend my summers outside hiking, canoeing, gardening, and training for obstacle course races. Due however to hip reconstruction surgery I had to spend my summer sitting or crutching around. This allowed me to see some more of the little things and notice things I may not have noticed otherwise as traveling on crutches makes you move a fair bit slower. I was able to see and appreciate people and nature in a whole different way. I should also say I am an Uncle my first Nephew Aidan Leo was born August 25th!


      Since I will be learning about you I thought it would be only fair if you learn something about me.  I am the youngest of two children having only an older sister.  As a child my largest influences were nature, reading, and of course sports. My biggest influence during my teenage years were my experiences at camp. From working at a summer camp, I discovered I wanted to be a teacher and I loved spending time in the great outdoors. Most of my down time right now is either spent learning all I can about being a teacher or working on my hip recovery so I can get back to all the activities I love.


      Our class quote for the year is “If you believe in the future plant an oak tree”. This year we will be planting seeds of knowledge, hope, experience and inspiration that may just be budding now but can grow through all our future years. I am very excited to be mobile and off my crutches and explore this upcoming year with you, let’s make the next 200 days great!


Mr. Gareth Hussey

No comments:

Post a Comment