Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Parent Contact

Parent Contact Information

Welcome to our classroom blog. 

This will be my primary means of communicating with you about what is happening in the class each day. On the top right corner of the page, you can subscribe to our blog and receive a daily email between 3 and 5 pm directly to your email. Before the students leave at the end of the day, the students and I will complete a blog entry indicating all homework, upcoming assignments, and important events happening at our school.


Please be aware that we are also going to be using google classroom to schedule work on and hand in assignments. The more trees and less "I forgot it at school or home" the better. Google Classroom allows students and their parents to get calendars with due dates, rubrics, work examples and much more at home and on the go. In our class we will use technology to expand our minds not escape from work that needs to be done. 



On the blog and/or our google classroom I will be posting a great deal of useful information, such as:
  • homework assignments
  • assessment information (how work is being marked)
  • learning goals for literacy and math
  • links to provide students with extra practice
  • texts (videos, readings etc.) for students to enrich class discussions and activities 
  • links to all online tools we will be using in class

I will use Blogger for my daily instructions, and Google Classroom as my main way of assigning and collecting work. For big ideas, daily to-do's and over views of assignments check out the blog. For assignments, how work will be assessed, comments/edits, daily discussions and nitty gritty please check Google Classroom.

I would also like to compile email addresses for the parents/guardians in the class, so that I can occasionally send out group emails about important events, projects, etc. You can click on the link below to fill in the contact information of up to two people for each student:

If you need to contact me, my board email address gareth.hussey@yrdsb.ca or call the school at 905-292-0530 



Thank you for taking the time to fill out this form. I'm looking forward to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment